Quick and easy (no blender required) but seriously delicious, these vegetarian patties are flavoured with turmeric, paprika, and optional chili. The sweet potato adds a wonderful sweet taste and creamy texture.
Fresh green seasonal veggies seared in a hot pan until just tender, garnished with lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Asparagus is used in this recipe, but can easily be replaced with another firm veg like green beans, mangetout, sugar-snap peas, or baby broccoli. This recipe works well as a side dish. You could also serve it as a light meal along with fried or poached eggs. Enjoy!
Roast broccoli with Parmesan
- 1 head broccoli broken up into florets
- Olive or canola oil spray
- 1 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C fan
- Place the broccoli florets in a large oven dish and spray generously with olive or canola oil spray
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Pop it into the oven and roast for about 15 minutes, until the broccoli is tender and slightly browned around the edges