- Registered dietitian.
- Online Food Freedom Coach.
- Background in Psychology (BSc) and neuro-physiology (MSc).
- Additional specialized training in managing disordered eating, emotional eating, binge eating, gut health and irritable bowel syndrome.
Marna is registered as a dietitian in Ireland and in South Africa, but works with women from across the globe.
Marna is a registered dietitian and food freedom expert with a background in Psychology and Physiology. She helps women to break free from emotional eating, binge and disordered eating through nurturing a healthy relationship with food. Marna also teaches her clients how to build permanent nutrition and exercise habits that support their unique goals.
After qualifying as a dietitian, Marna completed additional professional training in treating emotional eating, disordered eating, gut disorders (e.g. IBS), and chronic diseases of lifestyle. She is therefore able to provide holistic nutrition therapy for a range of chronic conditions.
Marna’s practice is completely online, and she works with women from across the globe.
Marna holds the following University qualifications:
- BSc (Med) (Hons) Nutrition & Dietetics – University of Cape Town
- MSc Physiological Sciences – University of Stellenbosch
- BSc Human Life Sciences (Biology with Psychology) – University of Stellenbosch
- BSc (Hons) Physiological Sciences – University of Stellenbosch
Marna is a member of the following professional boards:
- Health Professionals Council of South Africa (DT0049956)
- CORU – Regulating Health and Social Care Professionals in Ireland (D1042846)
- Board of Health Care Funders of South Africa (0724831)
- Association of Dietitians South Africa
Marna has attended the following additional courses:
- Minding the Food Space: Treating the Emotional Eater (module 1 – 6)
- EatFit Gut Health and the Microbiome
- CDE Diabetes Accreditation: Entry Level Course
- CDE Optifast training
- The Kidney RD: Plant-based diets for CKD and ESRD