A super fresh and light side salad to serve with pretty much any main meal. The secret is in the dressing – sweet and tangy made from three simple ingredients. Adding a light salad to a meal increases the bulk of the meal, without adding a whack of extra calories. Plus, you will bump up the nutrition of your meal since green leafy veg like spinach is packed with vitamins and minerals. You can really customize this recipe to whatever green salad veggies you have in your fridge or garden.
Fresh garden salad with secret dressing
- 200 g leafy greens I used baby spinach + rocket
- 1/2 cucumber sliced into very thin strips using a veggie peeler
- 1 cup raw sugar snap peas cut in half lengthwise
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 3 red radishes very finely sliced
- 1 tbsp fruit chutney Mrs Balls will do
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice apple cider vinegar will work too
- 1 tbsp olive jar brine Yes, the salty water that you usually throw away. It adds a delicious olive savoriness. But, you can sub with any water and a 1/2 tsp salt
- Toss all of the veggies, except the peas and radishes, together in a large salad bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, until well-combined. Toss it over the salad and combine.
- Add the peas and radishes on top, as a garnish. Enjoy!