A delicious and nutritious treat with a fudgey, cookie dough-like texture. These are packed with wholesome ingredients like oats, chickpeas, peanut butter and banana. They are vegan too.
Beautiful buckwheat flour pancakes
Perfect pancakes made with nutty buckwheat flour, a whole-grain and gluten-free alternative to wheat.
- 1 cup sifted buckwheat flour you can make this by grinding buckwheat in your Nutribullet
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 300 ml low-fat milk
- pinch of salt
- olive or canola oil spray
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a large bowl
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium – high heat and spray with olive / canola oil spray
- Using a soup ladle, pour batter into the pan and swirl to reach the edges of the pan
- Flip your pancake once the edges start to lift and cook for another 30 seconds on the other side, until browned to your liking
- Serve with fresh fruit and Greek yoghurt for a delicious breakfast or dessert, or serve with your favourite savoury pancake stuffing!
This carrot cake is high in fiber, low in fat and lower in carbohydrates. It is also wheat and gluten free. Best of all, its moist, delicious, and everything a carrot cake should be.
Moist and delicious wholesome carrot cake
Packed with fiber from carrots and apples, a sneaky way to up your fruit and veg intake!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 medium carrots finely grated
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp canola or olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup dates chopped
- 1/4 cup xylitol or sugar
Cream cheese topping
- 1/2 cup low-fat or fat-free plain cottage cheese smooth
- 2 tsp xylitol, sugar or honey
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds, but pistachios or walnuts would be great)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the topping ingredients, in a large mixing bowl
- Spray a small bread pan or cake tin with non-stick cooking spray, and pour the mixture into the prepared pan
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. The cake will be very moist, even when cooked. It will set more as it cools
- Combine the cottage cheese and xylitol / sugar / honey well with an electric beater or a whisk
- Once the cake is cooked and slightly cooled, spread the cottage cheese on top of the cake and sprinkle the nuts over the top. Enjoy!
Nutritional information was calculated using low-fat cottage cheese, xylitol, and almonds. Each slice (1/6 of the recipe) provides roughly 180 calories, 10g of fat (<3g saturated fat), 16.9g carbohydrate, 8g sugar, 3.5g fiber, and 7.4g protein.