Who doesn’t love pancakes for breakfast?? These are super yum, healthy, and quick! Essentially you are having a bowl of oats, an egg and some fresh fruit, arranged differently. You’re welcome.
Banana oat pancakes with blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups oats or oat bran gluten free if necessary
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp honey or replace with sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries optional – the pancakes are still delicious without them
- fresh fruit for serving, e.g. more blueberries and banana slices or fresh strawberries
- Add all the oats, banana, milk, eggs, honey, and baking powder to a blender and blend until completely smooth. A powerful blender like Nutribullet is ideal. See notes below if you want to make the batter in advance.
- Spray a non-stick pan lightly with cooking spray and heat to medium. When the pan is warm, use a serving spoon to pour batter into the pan. Place a few blueberries (if using) on each pancake and let it cook for 1 – 2 minutes (until bubbles start forming on the surface), then flip over and cook for another minute.
- Continue until the batter is finished, then serve with the additional fruit, and optionally some Greek yoghurt + a drizzle of honey. If serving as a dessert, try topping a scoop of frozen yogurt or a spoon of fresh whipped cream.