Strawberry, avocado and baby spinach salad
This is a beautiful summer salad to serve alongside any meal, great for entertaining but quick enough for a weeknight.
Servings: 4 people
- 4 cups baby spinach more if you like a very leafy salad
- 10 strawberries stem removed and halved or quartered
- 1 medium avocado sliced or diced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds or any nuts / seeds of choice
- Toss the baby spinach, chopped strawberries and chopped avocado together in a salad bowl
- Mix the honey and the balsamic vinegar together in a small bowl, then pour the dressing over the salad. Toss well to combine
- Toast the seeds and almonds lightly in a pan on the stove and sprinkle them over the salad for garnish
Nutrition information for 1/4 of recipe: 174 kcal, 14g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 4.8g sugar, 12.9g fat, 3.5g protein.