If Hummus had a younger, hip sister, this would be it! This bright green dip is super quick, simple and versatile. You can use it to top off roast veg, chicken, fish, grilled tofu, open sandwiches or even pasta dishes. It also works very well as a dip for fresh veggies or falafels.
Pea, mint & Parmesan sauce
- 2 cups thawed frozen peas
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt slightly more if needed
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese nutritional yeast for vegan
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- Blend all the ingredients, adding another tablespoon of yoghurt if the blender is struggling to turn. You can leave it slightly chunky or blend it until completely smooth, depending on your preference. NOTE – it will thicken up if left in the fridge for an hour or so, if you want a firmer texture.
- Serve as a topping for roast veg, chicken, grilled fish, tofu, boiled eggs, pasta, etc. Or use it as a dip for fresh veggies. Enjoy!