Cold infusions are a fantastic way to make your water taste amazing, helping you to reach your hydration goals for the day in a delicious way.
This is my favourite combination of ingredients, but you can play around with loads of different combinations. Strawberries or orange slices are delicious in cold infusions, and berry teas work very well too.
Place a big beautiful jug of infused water in the fridge and on the table at meal times instead of juice or cooldrink. Considering that one glass of juice or sugar-sweetened cooldrink contains 8 – 10 teaspoons of sugar, going for an infused water instead is a seriously smart swop.
Cold infusion with apple, mint, cucumber
- 1 apple or pear flavoured tea bag or camomile tea bag not essential, you could just used the fresh ingredients
- 1 large apple thinly sliced
- 3 cm piece of cucumber chopped
- 1 small handfull of mint leaves roughly chopped
- 1 litre water
- Place all ingredients in a jug and leave to infuse in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- That's it! Enjoy!