Comforting creamy spinach stuffed portabello mushrooms that can be served as a beautiful starter or a light lunch. Add a fresh salad and some whole-grain bread for a more substantial meal.
Spinach and ricotta stuffed mushrooms
- 4 large Portabello mushrooms
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 100 g baby spinach
- 3 tbsp Ricotta cheese
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220 C (180 C gas)
- Cut the stems off the mushrooms and set aside for later
- Fry the spring onion for 1 minute in a pan using the non-stick spray, then add the spinach and saute until just wilted
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Ricotta cheese, then season with salt and pepper
- Divide the filling equally between the mushrooms, then place a stalk back on top of each mushroom.
- Bake in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes, then serve and enjoy!